Dragon House Wharf, a tribute to a piece of Ho
chi Minh's personal history, is located at the junction of the Ben
Nghe Canal and the Saigon River. The museum mostly holds pictures
and objects related to the former president.
It is from this area that the 21-year-old "Uncle Ho" set sail on
a French ship in June 1911. The Dragon House Wharf, originally
called Nha Rong, was a French shipping company, built in 1863.
In September 1979, the city's People's Committee chose Nha Rong as a
site for a Ho Chi Minh Museum. The name was taken from the two
dragon-shaped symbols adorning the building.